I have gained a sense of solidarity.
PHAS movement (Personnes Handicapées pour l’Accès aux Services)
As a community organization, Solidarité provides programs to support parents. Solidarité also promotes and defends the interests and rights of its members. This is why Solidarité created the PHAS Movement in 2006, regrouping players from various sectors. The movement promotes access to social and health services which meet the needs of people with disabilities and those of their families. Solidarité sits on three of the movement’s committees; the management, policy and head committees.
For more information on the PHAS Movement: www.mouvementphas.org
In addition, Solidarité is an active member in several groups that help people with disabilities.
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES:
- COALITION OF METROPOLITAN MONTREAL-PROMOTION ORGANIZATIONS (ROPMM)
- REGIONAL COUNCIL OF ASSOCIATIONS FOR INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY (CRADI)
- INTERSECTORAL COALITION OF COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS IN MONTREAL (RIOCM)
- FAMILY REUNIFICATION COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS OF MONTREAL (ROCFM)
- REGIONAL RECREATION ASSOCIATION FOR THE DISABLED (ALTERGO)
- CONFEDERATION OF FAMILY ORGANIZATIONS OF QUEBEC (COFAQ)