Respite makes it possible to maintain a social life.
Having children with disabilities brings its daily challenges. This is why, since 1983, Solidarité has been offering a free respite program for members. An attendant goes to the family’s home and offers respite care for a time period of 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Respite care allows parents to go to an appointment, to rest, sleep, or run errands.
Would you like to benefit from our respite programs? Follow these three steps:
- Contact Solidarité to get an appointment for a home visit;
- Become a member of Solidarité de parents de personnes handicapées;
- Make your first request according to the rules of the program.
RESPITE CARE ALLOWS PARENTS TO:
- RELAX AND TAKE A STEP BACK FROM THEIR FAMILY SITUATION
- OFFER QUALITY TIME TO OTHER CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
- ALLOWS THE CHILD TO CONTINUE LIVING AT HOME ONCE HE BECOMES AN ADULT